Skip NavigationAn Official Website of the United States Government

Get Assistance

person writing
September 10, 2010
File a Claim

This page is currently being revised.

woman cleaning oiled bird
September 10, 2010
Other Assistance Available

Individuals and businesses can apply for a number of federal disaster assistance programs, such as nutrition programs, business disaster loans, temporary assistance for needy families and unemployment insurance. Federal nutrition assistance programs are available to help to mitigate the food insecurity likely to be faced by families affected by the Gulf oil spillage. In addition, you can find resources on health and safety matters that address everything from seafood safety and drinking water to issues related to coping with traumatic events, stress and mental health.

shrimp boat captain
September 10, 2010

The U.S. Small Business Administration may be able to provide Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDLs) - working capital loans to help small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives and most private, non-profit organizations of all sizes meet their ordinary and necessary financial obligations that cannot be met as a direct result of the disaster.