This page serves as a portal to information that may be helpful in planning visits to the Gulf.
It includes links to general information on Gulf tourism as developed by the states themselves, as well as links to state-publicized information on beach and coastal conditions to properly inform travelers as they select their Gulf coast destinations.
The federal government has compiled this information to help provide accurate information to potential travelers and is not responsible for the content of the state sites.
- Alabama Tourism Department - the official travel and tourism website for the state of Alabama provides information on travel, activities, events, attractions, and natural resources for visitors to the state.
- Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources - Official Web site of Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, provides up-to-date information on the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill including fisheries openings and closures.
- Visit Florida - The official travel planning website for the State of Florida.
- Visit Florida Live - Florida visitors can see local webcams and Twitter feeds on events and beach conditions, as well as photos taken by Florida residents.
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection/Department of Health - Floridas Departments of Health (DOH) and Environmental Protection (DEP) are closely monitoring health and environmental impacts to Florida. The site includes information on current Oil Impact Notices and links to the DOH Impacted Beaches website.
- Louisiana Travel - The official tourism site for the State of Louisiana is maintained to provide travel and tourism information for visitors to the state. The site includes news and updates on the oil spill as well as links to claims forms and other pertinent information.
- Louisiana Department of Natural Resources - provides news on the Gulf oil spill and also links to emergency.louisiana.gov, a site that provides information on the efforts to mitigate the impact of the oil spill and protect coastal wildlife, as well as resources to individuals and small business.
- Mississippi Division of Tourism - The states official tourism site provides a wide array of information to help guide visitors Mississippi travels.
- Visit MS Coast - The states tourism site for the Mississippi Gulf Coast provides travel and tourism information for the three southern counties, Hancock, Harrison and Jackson. The site includes news and updates on the oil spill, as well as Destination Video Reports highlighting attractions and events.
- Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality Beach Monitoring Program - This site provides status reports on beaches, noting that all Mississippi Gulf Coast Beaches are open unless noted on this site. This site is collaboration between the State, the University of Southern Mississippi, and the Gulf of Mexico Program.
- Texas Tourism - The official tourism website for the state of Texas, which includes a wide variety of information about visiting the state.