Marine Environments and Oil spills:
- Estuarine Education Resource Center - Lesson plans on the physical science of estuaries from NOAA and National Estuarine Research Reserve System
- How would an oil spill affect a Marine Sanctuary? - Lesson plan from the NOAA Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Teacher Curriculum
- Pollution Solution (PDF) - Lesson plans to understand the effects of an oil spill on a marine environment from the Smithsonian Institution's central education website
Gulf Oil Spill Human Interest Story:
- NOAA Teacher at Sea Aids Gulf Oil Spill Research Efforts - As part of the Teacher at Sea program, teacher's assist scientists on board NOAA's ship, the Oregon II, as they conduct fish surveys and other oil spill-related research.
Oil Spill Education Resource Collections:
- NOAA Education Resources Related to the Gulf Oil Spill - As the nation’s leading scientific resource for oil spills, NOAA has been on the scene of the BP spill from the start. The agency provides scientific, weather and biological services to federal, state and local organizations.
- Response and Restoration Education Resource Page - Information for those in government or private industry who respond to environmental emergencies involving the release of oil or chemicals.
- Gulf of Mexico Sea Grant Education Resources - Various links for oil spill research information provided by the gulfseagrant.org
- EPA Oil Spill Education Resources - A list of resources provided by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- The Bridge Oil Spill Collection - Teacher-approved marine education resources provided by The Bridge
- NASA Oil Spill Imagery - NASA images show oil spill from space
- Ocean Explorer Expeditions in the Gulf of Mexico, 2001-2009 - The Gulf, with its unique climate and underwater habitats, has been the focus of many NOAA Ocean Explorer expeditions since the program's inception in 2001.